Using Customer Feedback and a 360 Approach to Gain a Competitive Advantage
Date : 17 Jan 2017
Presenter : Kiran Nandavarapu, Director - Market and Competitive Intelligence
Organizations do not typically reveal their customer service or product issues, competitive advantage, road maps or future updates so willingly. However, we know that valuable insights into competitor activities can be obtained using user feedback. Product and service feedback sourced from customers, reviews on competitor websites, third-party and customer discussion forums can enable organizations to better understand sentiments and develop future strategies for their products and services. When these insights are synthesized with secondary data sources as part of competitive intelligence, organizations can achieve an even more complete picture of their customers, competitors and market position.
Below are a few examples of the output that can be generated from a competitive research exercise and user feedback analysis:
- Clues on the limitations and drawbacks of a company's products and services
- Valuable insights about issues related to customer service or the company's inability to provide services to customers on time
- Data about the quality of after-sales service to the customer
- Hints regarding the company's roadmap related to product/service features
- Customer perceptions about the competitor and their offerings
- Information about features and innovations to the existing products or new products that are expected by customers
- How customers in a specific segment rate a company's performance against a specific major competitor
Senior Director - Insights
Kiran has over 12 years of experience in providing research, insights, and advisory services to clients in the technology space. He specializes in Competitive/Market Intelligence s Read More...
Kiran Nandavarapu - Senior Director - Insights
Kiran has over 12 years of experience in providing research, insights, and advisory services to clients in the technology space. He specializes in Competitive/Market Intelligence services including Market Entry strategies, Competitive Benchmarking, GTM strategies, Technology Assessment, Strategic Insights, and Market Analysis and Sizing. At Course5 Intelligence, Kiran has been managing leading global clients across departments including Strategy and Planning, Product Engineering, Strategic and Product Marketing, Sales and Field teams, and Market Insights. He heads a team of over 25 analysts who specialize in tracking the market and competition. His team's focus and areas of expertise are ICT Industry - Cloud Computing, IoT, Big Data, IT Infrastructure, Ecommerce, Fintech, Security, and other emerging technologies. Prior to joining Course5, Kiran worked with IDC as a lead analyst in the software and services practice, tracking the Indian Software and Enterprise IT space and providing advisory services to clients in the IT industry. Kiran holds a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA in Finance.