WHAT DOES COURSE5 INTELLIGENCE DO ?
Course5 Intelligence (hereinafter “Course5” “Company” “We”) is a global analytics provider that helps corporations realize a 360-degree view of their customers through data integration and a multi-disciplinary approach that enables sound, data-driven business decisions. In a highly dynamic and multi-dimensional world, the company provides the most effective business decisions from a synthesis of data streams and not merely from one-dimensional sources. Course5 uses a 360 Discovery pproach, to ensure a comprehensive use of all available structured and unstructured data sources, enabling us to bring the best to bear against each engagement. Strong decision support is enabled through a combination of analytics, domain expertise, engineering and visualization skills brought together in harmony. Course5 partners with Leading companies to benefit them with financial growth, 360 views of their markets and competition, and improved customer acquisition, satisfaction and retention.
Being an industry leader in the area of market research and market research outsourcing services, Course5 offers full range of market research operations, marketing services and data analytics solutions to clients combined with strong technology and process orientation. With a rich operating history of over seventeen years and an established track record of managing large scale and complex engagements, Course5 leverages its access to best in class resources and technology which helps it go beyond being a traditional service provider to a value-added partner offering innovative and transformational solutions.
The Policy gives direction to organization to establish and maintain data privacy framework to protect PII (Personally identifiable Information). The terms of this policy will be applicable to all the data subjects residing and located in the European Union and would replace the existing EU Data Protection Directive (46/95/EC). The intent of this policy is to make you aware of the additional rights that have been granted to you under the General Data Protection Regulations which shall come into effect from the 25th of May, 2018
The policy gives direction to organization to establish and maintain data privacy framework to protect PII (Personal identified Information). It states the organization’s commitment to comply with the data protection regulations. The organization is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data of its workforce, clients and suppliers and to meeting its data protection obligations. This policy also sets out the organization’s commitment to data protection and individual rights and obligations in relations to personal data.
The Policy covers all data subjects and individuals who visit our website and use our survey platform (including who belong to or are citizens of or residing in the European Union).
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how Course5 collects and uses the personal information you provide to us and that we collect. We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of your personal information
The Data Protection Officer, is responsible for ensuring that this policy is made available to individuals prior to Course5 collecting and processing personal information.
All employees of Course5 who interact with individuals are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the individuals’ attention.
We have a responsibility to process your information as per the applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
INFROMATION WHAT WE COLLECT
- We collect your contact information such as full name, company name, email address, postal address and telephone number when you email or call us with an enquiry or an application for work.
- We may process your information, that is lawfully collected by our clients, who want us to ask you, whether you would like to participate in market research, consultancy projects, advisory boards, or events. This information may include your full name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and may also include information about your area of specialization or health status.
- We may also collect your details from publicly available sources or purchase lists from suppliers operating within data protection regulations.
- When we conduct market research we may collect additional information from you with your valid consent. You will be provided with the full details of the information we wish to collect at the time we ask for your consent.
- In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website. Please see our Cookies Section for more details.
The personal information we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Dealing with enquiries and requests about our services submitted to us via email or call.
- Sending you information about our services which are applicable to you in your role.
- Requesting information about your services which are applicable to you, your company, our company and our clients.
- Conducting market research surveys; we will always ask for your consent to do so.
- If the law requires us to do so
- If we have a legitimate interest in processing your data such as direct marketing, market research, data analytics, business intelligence, data engineering etc.
- To send you newsletters, e-mails relating to participation in any of our events or surveys, our proprietary product related information, promotional events.
- We may also collect information about you through social media widgets and if you would require us to refrain from obtaining your information through such platforms then you may inform us about the same by writing to us on the e-mail ID specified under this policy
- The information that we process about you would be done so only after receiving explicit consents from you.
- We shall keep you informed if the purpose for which we are collecting your data changes for any reason whatsoever.
- To assess applications for jobs we have on offer.
We process this information to ensure that you receive the aspects of our services and also to identify and stop the misuse of any data shared with us.
Our legal basis for processing of your personal information is:
- Where you have given consent for the processing of data for a specific purpose.
- Processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations entered by you.
- Processing is necessary for purposes of legitimate interest pursued by our company but are in relation to goods and services that you use in your role, or are in relation to your application for a job.
The legitimate interest pursued by us are as follows:
- In response to an enquiry from you about our good and services.
- Enquiring about your goods and services which are applicable to our company or our clients. We will always confirm how your personal information was obtained and always offer an opt-out of marketing communications.
- In response to your application for a job that we have advertised or contacted you about.
You as a data subject may register on our website and in doing so may share your personal data with us. The personal data that is communicated to us is determined by the respective sign-up form used for the registration. The personal data entered by you is collected and stored in accordance with the GDPR regulations. We may transfer your data to one or more processors for legitimate purposes by keeping you informed of the purpose for which we are sharing the information. By registering on our website, the IP address assigned to you by your internet service provider (ISP) is stored with us along with the date, and time of the registration. The storage of this data takes place against the background.
Your registration on our website is intended to enable us to offer you with contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question. You are a registered user are free to change the personal data specified during the registration at any time, or to have them completely deleted from our database.
As a part of services offering, you may be sent our newsletters or product and services related information. We keep our customers and vendors informed by means of a newsletter about any enterprise offers or latest developments in the area of our expertise including but not limited to any upcoming events that we may be attending on a global scale. You may receive our newsletters only if (1) you have a valid e-mail address and (2) you register for the newsletter mailing. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address registered by you for the first time for receiving the newsletter through e-mail via a double opt-in procedure. This confirmation e-mail is used to prove whether the owner of the e-mail address as the data subject is authorized to receive the newsletter.
You may terminate the subscription to our newsletter at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which you have given for e-mailing the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revocation of consent, a corresponding link (unsubscribe) is found in each newsletter.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTEGRATION
In order to enhance your experience while accessing this website, we have assimilated certain aspects of Linkedin into our platform, Linkedin being a professional networking site uses its proprietary technology to connect businesses and professionals together.
Linkedin is based out of California USA and its Ireland based entity is responsible for handling privacy matters outside the USA. We have integrated a Linkedin plugin in into our website which enables you to directly register and log into the website through your Linkedin account. By doing so Linkedin would gather knowledge around the specific pages that you have visited on our website during the entire time of your browsing on our platform if you are logged into your Linkedin account during the time of your browsing.
Furthermore, we have Google Remarketing Services which is an extension of Google AdWords integrated as well into our website. By having these services amalgamated into our platform, Google would be capable of displaying relevant advertisements to you based on your preferences and browsing habits.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFROMATION
Course5 is an ISO:270001 certified company and we take adequate steps to help protect your personal information, however you acknowledge that no company can fully prevent security risks and we do not under any circumstances represent that the website is free from any harmful elements including but not limited to viruses, spywares, cancelbots, Trojans and such application which may be placed on the website without the knowledge of the Company, however the Company shall take all necessary and reasonable steps mentioned below to ensure that the website is free from the above mentioned programs.
In pursuance to the GDPR, we would be taking the below steps to ensure that your data is safe and secure while it is with us:
- We pseudonymise and encrypt sensitive & special category of personal data.
- We maintain ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services.
- We have the ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
- We have a dedicated process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing your data.
- We have contracts with third parties to ensure that the same level of protection is accorded to the data transferred to third countries or international organisations.
- In case if your data is being shared with any third party then you would specifically be made aware of the names of such third party to whom your data is being shared after receiving an explicit consent from you.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access all or certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We strongly suggest that you do not share your passwords with anyone.
Course5 complies with the privacy requirements as set forth by the European union’s data protection regulation GDPR (General data protection regulation) regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information. Course5 ensures adherence to principle listed below,
- Personal information is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subjects (“Lawfulness, fairness and transparency”)
- Personal Information is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purpose and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (“Purpose limitation”)
- Personal information is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is processed (“data minimization”)
- Information is accurate and where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step is taken to provide that personal information which is inaccurate, having regard to the purpose for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay (“accuracy”)
- Information is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer that is necessary for the purpose for which personal data is processed (“storage limitation”)
- Information is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against the unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organization measures (“Integrity and confidentiality)
We believe in being open, honest and transparent with our clients and suppliers and want you to feel comfortable about your decision to give us your personal information and how we use it.
We will use the details you provide to us to communicate with you about how we can help you in your role and help your company achieve its objectives.
We promise that will only communicate with you in the way you wish us to and we will always respect your privacy. You can change your mind at any time and it’s quick and easy to let us know that you no longer want to hear from us by contacting our Data Protection Officer (contact details at the bottom of the page).
Please be assured that we will take appropriate measures to keep your personal information safe and secure and we promise not to over contact.
We will never pass your personal information on to other organizations for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To third parties who provide a service to us such as market research fieldwork agencies, email services providers or data processors. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We enter into Data Protection contracts with all our third parties and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with our policies and procedures.
- To third party client companies. We will have strict agreements with these companies to limit what they can do with the data we give them. We will always ask for you consent before passing on your personal information in this way.
- Where we are under duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with law or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation or we have your written consent.
DURATION OF MAINTAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFROMATION
We keep your personal information for up to 7 years to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required or is no longer relevant, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
At any point while we are in possession of your personal information, you have the following rights:
- 1. The right to access your personal information
- 2. The right to edit and update your personal information
- 3. The right to request to have your personal information deleted
- 4. The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- 5. The right to object
- 6. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You also have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is being processed and where this being the case, you have the right to access your personal data and know the following:
- The purpose of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipient or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organization.
- Where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or if not possible, the criteria used to determine the period.
- The existence of the rights to request from us for rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of your personal data or to object such processing.
- The rights to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have rights to transmit to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which personal data have been provided.
- The rights to object, on ground relating to his or her particular situation, at any time, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her including profiling based on those provisions. The controller shall no longer process personal data unless the controller demonstrates controlling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights, and freedoms of the individual or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The rights not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
- The right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being processed and where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information is provided.
Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. Any changes you have requested may take up to 28 days before they take effect.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Given that our business operates across the EU and the USA, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by our staff or staff at one of our suppliers operating outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information across the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data by using technical measures like encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to protect your data from unauthorised access or disclosure.
We recognise the need to provide additional privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children. We do not target children with our products and services however occasionally we run market research projects which involve collecting personal data from child participants. When we collect personal information from children we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices regarding personal data about children, including the types of personal information we will collect, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in the market research study
- Giving parents the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If at any time you require us to cease processing your personal data, you may write to us (contact details at the bottom of the page). By following the appropriate directions, your record will be marked as “do not contact”, and you will no longer receive communications from Course5. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authority:
We regularly review our compliance with our privacy notice. We also adhere to regulatory framework including GDPR (General data protection regulation) and other applicable regulation around private data protection.
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow-up. We will work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities to resolve any complaint the personal data that we cannot resolve with data subject directly by accessing this Website and its contents, you understand that data privacy laws may vary across various jurisdictions and you would be subjected to the laws of the country under which you reside.
This policy and the terms herein shall be applicable to you in the event of Course5 undergoes any functional changes in the way it operates. Such changes may include the Company being re-branded or undergoing the process of a merger or de-merger etc. On the occurrence of any of these events, your rights as data subjects would remain intact without any changes.
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to Course5 is an excellent one and that your privacy is respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the following address:
Building 2A, Aster- East Tower, Lower Ground Floor,
Embassy Tech Village (Formerly Vrindavan Tech Village),
Marathalli, Sarjapur Outer Ring Road,
Devarabeesanahalli, Bangalore-560 103.
Course5 has a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection Officer can be reached at the following address: